Banking In The United Arab Emirates
An understanding of the main banks and their services is helpful when investing in the UAE. Find out the basics below.
Once you have residency, you are entitled to open a UAE bank account. Banks offer a full range of debit, credit and loan account facilities, along with internet banking. Mortgages in the UAE are available, normally to finance up to 80% of your property purchase.
The Central Bank of the UAE is the national financial regulatory body. It is responsible for the establishment and implementation of banking, credit and monetary procedures to ensure price stability and ease of Dirham conversion.
Banking hours are normally 8am to 12pm Saturday to Thursday.
Emirates Bank ATMs are quick and easy to use and are programmed in both English and Arabic. They allow customers to make a wide variety of transactions:
- View their account/credit card details
- Make transfers between accounts
- Pay telecommunications bills (Etisalat and DU)
- Pay utility bills (DEWA, Abu Dhabi Distribution Company (ADDC), Al Ain Distribution Company (AADC), and Empower (District cooling for Jumeirah Beach residents)
- Request statements and cheque books
- Pay Dubai Police & RTA fines
- Recharge SALIK cards
- Buy Air Arabia tickets
- Make donations to various reputed organisations
- ABN-Amro Bank N.V.
- Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait K.S.C
- Arab African International Bank
- Arab Bank plc.
- Bank Melli Iran
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank Saderat Iran
- Banque Banorabe
- Banque du Caire
- Banque Libanaise Pour le Commerce
- Barclays Bank plc.
- BLC (France) S.A.
- BNP Paribas
- Citibank N.A.
- Credit Agricole Indosuez
- El Nilein Bank
- Habib Bank A.G. Zurich
- Habib Bank Limited
- HSBC Bank Middle East
- Janata Bank
- Lloyds TSB Bank plc.
- National Bank of Bahrain
- National Bank of Oman S.A.O.G.
- Rafidain Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Standard Chartered Grindlays Bank
- United Bank Limited
You may also like to read...
Let Us find Property in United Arab Emirates for You
Fill out a requirements form and our experts will help
you find a great selection of Properties for sale in United Arab Emirates.